What are your Hobbies?
What do you enjoy to do?
Often when we are so deep in our negative thinking we can lose sight of who we are.
BUT YOU ARE NOT YOUR ILLNESS.
You are a unique and beautiful human person with different interests. When you do what you enjoy it can't help but bring a smile to your face and fill you with a sense of peace and achievement. It is a great way of teaching yourself to remain in present moment.
SO... Today lets get curious what are YOUR interests?
Make a list of things to like/enjoy to do:)
Here's some examples...
- Listening to Music- Nice upbeat songs that you can sing along to are a great way to kick start your morning.
- Taking Pictures- Notice all the beauty that surrounds you everyday.
- Trying out different types of coffees/teas? - There are sooo many! Cappuccinos, Lattes, Frappuccinos, Iced tea etc....
- Netflicks?- What kind of movies/tv shows do you like?
- Getting Creative- Paint a picture or try sewing and knitting.
- Writing- poetry, coming up with stories with your amazing imagination!
- Planning trips and adventures- the world's your oyster!
- Baking and decorating cakes with sparkles and icing :)
- Reading - oh the wonderful world of books! What kind of books do you like?
- Do you like going to gigs and concerts?
- Do you like to laugh? Why not try out a comedy gig?
These are just a couple of ideas, the list is endless. What ever you enjoy doing, go for it!
'Life is made to be enjoyed not endured'
Some benefits of doing what you enjoy:
- It helps keep you in present moment
- It is something you can talk about and share with other people and hey! you never know they might have that hobby in common with you!
- Keeps the stress levels down!
- Promotes Eustress! (I had to google this one lol) Eustress is that positive kind of stress, the kind that makes you feel excited about what you're doing and about life.
- It something to look forward to during your day at work/college or school!
- ITS FUN!
Every day is a chance to learn something new about yourself:)